Thanks for the email Lynda!
1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official
2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part
of face (unless you want to eat, bathe or slap).
3. *Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don’t
trust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/
nasal cavity to proliferate and
show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a
way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual
that Tamiflu has
on an infected one. Don’t underestimate this simple, inexpensive and
powerful preventative method.
4. Similar to 3 above, *clean your nostrils at least once every day with
warm salt water. *Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very
good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but *blowing the nose hard once a
day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is
very effective in bringing down viral population.*
5. *Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C
(Amlaand other citrus fruits). *If you have to supplement with Vitamin C
tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.
6. *Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc) as you can. *Drinking
warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction.
They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where
they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.