Hypocrisy and Worry
Over the next two days we will look at what Jesus taught the people first to His disciples and then to people.
1. He told them to be on their guard against the yeast of the Pharisees for nothing shall be hidden and all that had been spoken in private will be shouted from the housetops. A good rule of thumb is think before your speak.
2. Do not fear those who can kill the body but be afraid of God who puts the soul and body into hell. God will take care of you as well.
3. Acknowledge Jesus before men and He will acknowledge you before the Father.
4. Do not speak against the Holy Spirit or you will not be forgiven. When in trouble do not worry about what you are going to say because the Holy Spirit will give you the words.
5. Be on guard against greed and don’t be like the rich fool who died in sin.