Jesus sends out the Twelve – Matt 10, Mark 6:6-13 and Luke 9:1-6
Jesus sends the twelve out with His authority. They were able to cast out demons in Jesus’ name. He sent them out two by two so they would always have each others back. They were told to take no provisions with them their needs would be met by those who would house them. They went from town to town proclaiming the good news. They were to preach in the town and if the people of the town rejected their message they were to shake the dust off their feet and go to the next town. This act of shaking the dust off their feet was a sign of God’s judgment. They went and preached the gospel and many people believed. Demons were cast out. This was of course an assault on the kingdom of satan.
1. The laying on of hands and anointing with oil was part of the ceremony for healing of the sick even when Jesus was alive.
2. Jesus gives authority to His disciples over demonic spirits.
3. Jesus healed the sick as a sign of victory for the gospel message.
4. The disciples were sent to the lost sheep of Israel and their message was the Kingdom of God is near. They were heal, cast our demons and as they received so they were to give.
5. The worker is worthy of his hire. We bring peace when we come into a house.
6. To a person who rejects a Christian they shall be judged because of this rejection. We must be wise as serpents and yet harmless as doves. We will be persecuted for Jesus but the Holy Spirit will help us to know what to say.
7. People and families are fighting among themselves right until Jesus comes. All mankind will hates us because of Jesus. Never think the world will be your friend because they will not. All who stand firm to the end will be saved.