Lesson on Prayer – Luke 11:1-13
Jesus in this passage give some beautiful and wonderful lessons on prayer.
1. The name of the Lord is to hallowed. We are to pray that His Kingdom would come and that His will would be done. We find in this prayer that our daily needs would be met and that He would fogive our sins and we will forgives those who sin against us.
2. We are to pray that the Lord will keep us from temptation and also in the times of temptation. Remember the Lord will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to endure but with that temptation a means of escape.
3. we are to be persistent in prayer and we know that the Lord will give us what we need. We must ask so it will be given unto us. We need to knock before the door will be opened. We are seek before we can find. There is effort involved in prayer.
4. When we ask we will receive. Jesus said the Father will give us exactly what we are praying for and need.
5. The Father will give us the Holy Spirit more than we need or ask.