Rosanna Meena was on the Morning Show Friday morning. She’s a tv and web journalist at a television station in Metro Manila, Philippines (ABS-CBN News).
Her family was personally affected by the Massive Typhoon Ketsana that hit the capital city of Manila… sending over 400 thousand people to evacuate their homes…. and over 100,000 families still in evacuation centers…. STILL needing help… many who have lost 100% of EVERYTHING they OWN.
Typhoon Rains were the strongest the Capital has seen in over 40 years…. some sources saying they recieved a MONTHS WORTH of rain in 1 DAY…. another source claiming this was "double" the amount of RAIN recieved by hurricane katrina in louisiana years ago… THERE IS ANOTHER TYPHOON SCHEDULED TO HIT THE CAPITAL CITY THIS WEEKEND…. TYPHOON PARMA.
Rosanna’s "first floor of her HOUSE" was UNDER 6 feet of WATER when the typhoon struck LAST SATURDAY… she is here to share her story, and to let us know about her personal experience dealing with last weekend’s Typhoon Ketsana… how her family was left stranded…. and what happened to people she knows…. HOW THEY ARE PREPARING TOO FOR THE NEXT STORM….MANY PLACES IN THE PHILIPPINES ARE STILL UNDER WATER FROM TYPHOON KETSANA occuring LAST Saturday (also known as Typhoon On-doy)— AND THERE ARE 100,000 + HOMELESS FAMILIES WHO LOST EVERYTHING THEY OWNED!!!!!!!! —– TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE—- THE PHILIPPINES IS BRACING FOR ANOTHER TYPHOON FORECASTED FOR THE REGION SATURDAY MORNING!!!! CNN weather forecasters predict another 25cms of RAIN!!!!!
* It is raining right now (Friday morning) in the Philippines and everyone is praying that the rain wont fall too hard….=(
DONATIONS TO "Christian Organizations" for EMERGENCY DISASTER RELIEF FOR THE PHILIPPINES CAN BE MADE THROUGH…
1. "SALVATION ARMY CANADA"— SOUTH PACIFIC AND EAST ASIA RELIEF FUND….. SALVATIONARMY.CA
2. WORLD VISION CANADA — WORLDVISION.CA — CLICK ON PHILIPPINES RELEIF
——– You will recieve a Canadian TAX RECEIPT for your donations———-
You can also DONATE LOCALLY to:
1. Edmonton Red Cross – Philippines Flood Relief
@ 1-800-418-1111 or 780-423-2680
2. ITEMS DONATIONS of blankets, towels, canned food, toothbrushes/toothpaste, first aid kits, can be dropped off at A LOCAL Edmonton Store:
– "3J VARIETY STORE" at 108 Street and 23 Avenue — they have a fundraising event on OCT 18- SUNDAY