Thanks to the Edmonton Sun for this !
The province will begin offering free H1N1 vaccine shots to all Albertans over the age of six months today.
Vaccine drop-in clinics will run until mid-November.
Alberta Health Services is encouraging people at high risk of flu-related complications to get in line as soon as possible.
But officials warn there could be a wait, especially in the next few days.
In Edmonton, those wanting to be immunized can drop in to the following clinics:
– Westmount Centre, 114 Avenue and Groat Road, until Nov. 13
– Northgate Centre, 94 Street 137 Avenue, Nov. 13 only
– Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre, 82 Avenue and 83 Street, until Nov. 13
– Millbourne Mall, 76 Street 38 Avenue, until Nov. 13
– Rutherford Health Centre, 11153 Ellerslie Rd., until Nov. 13
Clinic hours vary, depending on the day.
In the wake of a Decima poll released earlier this month that found around one-third of Canadians are reluctant to get immunized, the federal government is warning the flu could lead to the deaths of healthy, young people this season.
"Unless we get everybody, or as many people immunized as possible, somewhere between 20 and 35% of us will get sick in the next few months," said Dr. David Butler-Jones, head of the Public Health Agency.
For more on the clinics go to www.albertahealthservices.ca