We talked about road trips this morning on the program and found your car may not be as clean as you thought … read on;
In a survey of car owners, Microbiologists from Aston University in Birmingham, England, found that the typical car has 283 different types of bacteria in every square centimeter. The gear shift has the most with 356 germs per square centimeter. Not surprisingly, the cars where children and pets frequently ride not only have the highest amount of bacteria, but also the greatest range of types of bacteria.
- We spend, on average, about three years of our life in our cars.
- 25% eat in their cars at least once a week.
- 25% admit their car is littered with food wrappers and empty drink bottles and cans.
- 16% confessed they typically leave uneaten food inside the vehicle instead of throwing it in the trash.
- 50% agreed they would never let their home get as dirty as their car.